Squirrel Bite, what should I do?

Patient : I was bit by a squirrel today. No blood. Should I get a shot or something. I had tetanus two years back.
Doctor :   Clean, minor wounds need a booster if it has been more than 5 years since last tetanus vaccine. Since you had the shot 2 years ago, you may not require one at this time. Also bites from a squirrel are not considered a risk for rabies unless the animal was sick or behaving in an unusual manner, and rabies is widespread in the area. However you may feel a few flu like symptoms for a few days. It would be safe to see your doctor if the wound area of the bite is large, red, swollen, painful etc. or if there is any suspicion of rabies in your area. Clean, minor wounds need a booster if it has been more than 5 years since last tetanus vaccine. Since you had the shot 2 years ago, you may not require one at this time. Also bites from a squirrel are not considered a risk for rabies unless the animal was sick or behaving in an unusual manner, and rabies is widespread in the area. However you may feel a few flu like symptoms for a few days. It would be safe to see your doctor if the wound area of the bite is large, red, swollen, painful etc. or if there is any suspicion of rabies in your area.