Srinking of penis

Patient

Q: My penis size was about 6 inches after erection before 2-3 years ago. but now it is about 3 - 3 1/2 after erection. what can be the reason for it

Symptoms:  premature ejaculation- i feel no pain in penis-
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. Decrease in the size of the penis could be due to hormonal changes associated with aging. As testosterone levels decrease in males with age, this can be occur. We recommend that you follow up with your family doctor to have your testosterone levels measured to determine if this may be the cause of your problem.
Another possible cause of this could be due to tightening of the suspensory ligament of the penis. The suspensory ligament of the penis attaches the penis to the pubic symphysis which functions to support the penis during erection. This ligament functions to support the penis during erection. There could be many causes for this condition, and in many cases the only treatment would be to surgical transect the ligament which can restore the length of the penis. Please follow up with your doctor for a physical exam and testing.

Thank you consulting AskTheDoctor.com with your medical question.