Staph Aureus Infection After Surgery

Patient : My husband has staff aureus as a result of surgery. He had a kidney removed (on cancer) and his spline removed as a result of being punctured. How good is the medicine he is taking per drs. perscription Ceftriaxone 2gm/swf1 20mi? He has been on this drug for 3 weeks. All of this started Dec 15, 2009 and the incision is still draining. Please advise.
Doctor :   I am very sorry to hear about your husband’s delicate condition. It seems that your husband has a Staph infection that d does not remit. Severe staph infections usually occur in people who are already hospitalized or who have a chronic illness or weakened immune system. Since he has no spleen, this could also alter the immune system response and does not favor his condition. Certainly this is a delicate case in which careful monitoring and treatment with powerful antibiotics such as the one he is taking is mandatory. This is a severe infection that does not cure in a short period of time. The best thing to do is to prevent the infection to become systemic if it is still localized, in which a case of sepsis which is a life threatening infection, could develop. If you have any doubt about his current treatment, don’t be afraid to consult his physician, I am sure he or she will kindly explain to you about his treatment and prognosis with more detail. I wish him a prompt recovery.