Started bleeding two weeks early, just started BC, but did have unprotective sex twice

Patient

Q: I started my period on the 7th of August, then my Boyfriend and I went in to the Doctor to get started on Birth Control for the first time on the 15th of August. She told us we can go ahead and start them but to double up and still use condoms. I did start the pills, But we had unprotective sex on Tuesday night. He went to the pharmacy on Thursday to get the morning after pill. He said that you had 72 hours to take the pill so I took it. Figured I was safe. Continued to take Birth Control pills, Then we had unprotective sex again on Sunday. Again Jon went to the pharmacy to get the morning after pill and I took it on Tuesday because I worked on Monday. Then just last Thursday on the 23rd I started bleeding again, two and half weekks before I am due. I'm not suppose to start my period until like Sept 4th. I took a day off work because I was nauseous and cramping. I bled for 3 days, not heavy then stopped; now today I started spotting pinkish and brown and I'm nauseous again. So I just wanted to know if this has anything to do with taking these morning after pills? Are they effective even if I take them 2 days after unprotective sex? I assume I'm not pregnant since I'm bleeding, right? Or could it just be the birth control pills? Thank you

Doctor