Starting birth control

Patient : So my doctor was late on sending in my refill on my birth control pills. So I have been of for a month. How do I start a new pack. I haven't gotten my period yet. How long does it take to get your period back so you can start a new pack?
Symptoms:  Birth control
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. Usually after stopping the birth control pills it may take ar ound one week to get withdrawal bleeding. If you didn't get withdrawal even one month after stopping the pills, better to go for urine pregnancy test once. If the test gives a negative result, take tablets for withdrawal bleeding with your doctor's advice. After that from first or second day of withdrawal bleeding you can start the pills. Take care.