Starting birth control early and not getting period

Patient : I started my birth control pill two days earlier than I usually do, Im now on the 4th day of taking no pill and I still haven't gotten my period. Is taking my pill early the reason for this delay?
Symptoms:  No Period
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. While using birth control pills some amount of menstrual irr egularities can be seen sometimes. Usually during pill free period withdrawal bleeding is expected, but sometimes some women may not get the withdrawal bleeding and can have amenorrhea for few months. And also starting the birth control pills early can affect the onset of withdrawal bleeding. If you have taken the pills as per the schedule without missing the possibility of pregnancy is less and you can continue the pills irrespective of withdrawal bleeding for continued protection. Hope this helps Take care.