Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Starve during night sleep

Starve during night sleep

Patient: Hello DoctorI can’t sleep at nights, every night I feel sleepy and I go to bed after 1 hour sleep, I wake up and starve for sweets, chocolates, cakes, and all sweet junk foods, when I eat some and go to bed again after next an hour again, I wake up again and eat more sweets, I can say I wake up 3 or 4 times during my night’s sleep till morning.In the morning I feel terrible cause I can’t sleep and I ate sweets. I tried pills for sleep, but doesn’t work. What should I do? 🙁 Please help me.

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Difficulty sleeping is a common problem affecting many people. What is difficult to tell is whether your craving for sweet foods upon waking up is related your sleep disturbance or not. Craving sweet foods may be behavioural, or due to hypoglycemia (decreased blood sugar). Your symptoms require further evaluation by a doctor.Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com

Patient: Thank you so much for answer 🙂