Std from a handjob?

Patient

Q: Hi, 28 yo gay male, 3 weeks ago received a handjob frm another male, no fluid on his hands, he did not touch himself for at hast 30 mins before he touched me. almost directly after this happened, i developed burning sensation
in my penis tip. couple of days later i also developed this tenderness in my testicles. burning sensation comes and goes away aprox. 20 times
during a day, i dont have any discharge, if then hardly any and watery one. its been like this for almost 3 weeks now and it doesnt seem
to be improving. could i actually catch sn std from thos handkob? beforehands, i was std free and didnt have sex for 3 months.

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible to contract and sexually transmitted infection from this type of sexual encounter. What you have described seems to be a case of urethritis and a concomitant urinary tract infection. Since you have had this for three weeks, we recommend that you promptly follow up with your doctor to have this examined, and start a course of antibiotics to treat this infection. It will also be a good idea to conduct a series of STD testing just to make sure you have not contracted a more serious infection which requires further monitoring and treatment.

Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com