Ask The Doctor » Questions & Answers » Std media and results

Std media and results

Patient: I was just treated for chlamydia and took my medication. I have a bad cold and taking other over the counter meds. Will my medication for chlamydia still be affective?

Symptoms: Coughing sore throat head pressure

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for asking question to askthedoctor.comThe treatment offered as per CDC guidelines for chlamydia and gonorrheal infection is macrolides which are being used in treatment of upper respiratory tract infections as well . So, any medication you have taken off the counter which is not an antibiotic would act as an adjunct to the primary treatment and wouldn’t become ineffective.I hope i have answered your query.wishing you speedy recovery,regards

View all posts