STD or Skin Rash Scab

Q: I have a sore/scab on my lower left butt cheek. I regularly shave my butt but don't remember any bleeding. I also noticed pain on it while I was working out but I didn't look at it till many days later. I'm just wondering if it's just scab that I irritated or if it's something else.

STD or Skin Rash Scab-1

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,

The lesion, as it appears from the photograph, doesn't appear to be an STD which generally presents with multiple confluent lesions and present with pain and rash as in herpes. The lesion has a scab and the local area is inflamed, with the presence of petechial haemorrhages around the central lesion. The possibility is either a pressure sore or a frictional sore due to prolonged sitting or friction while sitting during work out, doing certain exercises. This is definitely not a laceration or cut acquired during butt -shaving.
This can be treated with avoidance of pressure and regular dressing of the lesion under antibiotic cover for at least 7 days. The pain can be controlled by NSAIDS and also local cleanliness and dryness has to be maintained for early healing.
I hope i have addressed your concern in detail,
Wishing you speedy recovery,