Std symptoms for men, burning pee

Patient : Do men get symptoms when they get chlymidia? could a guy have chlymidia for a long time and not know it or if his pee starts to burn does that mean he has just contracted it?
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. STDs like Chlamydia or Gonorrhoea ar e mostly acquired together with a lot more incidence of chlamydial infections in recent times. In either infection, the symptoms are acute with burning micturition and urethritis ( discharge from the urethra ). Yes, men do get symptoms if they acquire chlamydial infection. In most men the symptoms are: urethral discharge, burning micturition, urinary urgency, frequent urination, e.t.c Burning sensation while passing urine could also be due to a urinary tract infection, it does not necessarily mean chlamydial infection. A urine test and urine culture will be helpful in finding the exact organism causing the symptoms. A course of Doxycycline 100 mg twice daily for 7-10 days or a course of Azithromycin 1000 mg for 3 days is required for treating chlamydial infection. Hope this was helpful, Regards.