STD Worries

Q: Im 18 years old and I recently just got over my experimental stage with guys (started in novemebr 2009) and with 3 of the guys (Ive messed with 7) I have engage with unprotected anal sex. All of the other guys were only oral sex. They all said they were clean and have been tested and I am also clean. I also made sure the would pull out way before they would ejaculate and no sperm ever when in my mouth or anus. I made sure they didn't have and rashes or anything in the pubic area/anus area. Should I worry about std's? I'm not planning on having sexual intercourse with any guys anymore and I don't have any signs of std's after I researched on the net. So I am asking, should I be worried cause I really don't want to be tested if I don't have to.

A:   The STD that worries the most nowadays is the HIV, and you were engaged in very risky behaviors recently. HIV infection is spread by having sex with an infected partner and the virus can enter the body through the lining of the vagina, vulva, penis, rectum, or mouth during sex. In your particular case, if you are not sure about the HIV status of your partner or if you are feeling very stressed out and worried, it is strongly recommended that you get tested. There is a test that can be done without using a needle. This test, called the OraQuick Rapid HIV Test for Oral Fluid, gives results in 20 minutes using saliva. This test can detect only HIV type 1 (HIV-1) antibodies. Also, a negative test result does not mean you are immune to HIV, always keep in mind that engaging in risky behaviors (having unprotected sexual intercourse with an infected or unknown HIV/STDs status person can transmit HIV/STDs.