Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Stem cell proper understanding

Stem cell proper understanding

Patient: Is stem cell useful to improve improper growth of hair or to gain hair growth of baby after born?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for choosing “Ask The Doctor” for posting your query.I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.There have been plenty of case reports stating the efficacy of stem cells in the treatment of baldness in the recent literature. But these have not been put to use in the regular treatment of baldness. It’s too early to comment on its success unless there is a strong evidence of it being successful in general public as a regular treatment. Until then it would be advisable to postpone your decisions.Hope I am able to answer your concerns.If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you in future.Wish you good health!