Still Bleeding After Having Sex for the First Time

Q: I had sex for the first time on the 4th i was bleeding and i thought it was because i was a virgin but now its the 13th and am stil bleeding and am not ment to be on my period until now so i dont know if this is just my period or what?

A:   Bleeding after sex is usually in the form of spotting, but for some it may be bleeding that occurs for 2 to 3 days. Since it has been almost 9 days now and you may still be bleeding , I would recommend that you to visit your family doctor for assessment, and treatment.  It may be possible that you had an early period or it may also be possible that you may have incurred some sort of injury during sex which may be causing the bleeding. In any case, if the bleeding does not stop you should consult your doctor because, if left alone, its possible that the bleeding may not stop and lead to an infection because the source of the bleeding will be open and remain susceptible.