Still bleeding following antibiotics after D and c

Q: I recently had a misssd miscarriage and ended Up in hospital where a d and c was performed. I bled for approximately one week but continued to spot and have have brown clots until I got my period Four weeks later. When my period finished, the spotting and brown clotting continued so I went to a doctor who prescribed antibiotics. I have been on antibiotics now for 3 days and am still having discharge, but it is much lighter in colour, sometimes even looking red, and I'm also getting a heap of clear mucus like discharge as well. Is thi normal and will it end? Should I go back to the doctor?

A:   I do understand your concern, discharge from bacterial infection should clear up within 7 days of taking the antibiotics. If you do not see improvement after 7 days, I would suggest that you see your doctor.