Still having swelling of face after taking anti-allergy medicine

Patient

Q: Why my daughter still having swell of face, eyes and throat after taking anti-allergies medicine and how long the swell will subside, know if the medicine prescribed by doctor needs to change as it is not effective?

Doctor

A:   The overall effects of cetrizine and iterax (hydroxyzine) should be evident within 1 hour of taking the drug. I would advise you to consult your daughter's pediatrician to see if an alternative drug may be warranted. Please do not try to change the drug or dosage on your own.