Sting with fever,swelling,sore,red.

Patient

Q: Got stung low on my side by bee very swollen,hot very red in a large area on my side.very sore it feels as if i have been punched in my side

Symptoms:  Swelling, sore, area fever,red
Doctor

A:   Hi dear patient, bee sting is very painful and dangerous too. Firstly the stinger should be removed as quickly as possible from the site. The bee sting is very painful for hours and swelling and itching may persist for week. The area should not be scratched as it will increase the swelling and itching. If the reaction persists for more than a week and the swelling is more than 3-4inches consult a doctor for further management.