Stinging sensation during sex repeatedly occurring after a bleeding incident

Q: I have been sexually active with my partner for 5 months, and every thing was fine up until one month ago. One month ago we were having sex and there was no pain, everything seemed fine, until we turned on the light and realised that there was a lot of blood on the sheets. It was not related to my period as I had, had it just a week or two before though there was a similar amount of blood. I think that it may have been due to a cut or abrasion, as for a couple of weeks later I had excessive white discharge- with no smell or other abnormalities- and pain when urinating.
After sex, I still sometimes find a brown stain in my underwear that looks like old blood, and during sex I get a sharp stinging sensation just a few centimetres into the entrance of my vagina.
This has been happening since I bled, though I haven't bled again since. However, the first time I have sex is usually fine, it is after that if I want to have sex again the stinging really intensifies.
I also started on the pill only a week or two before this happened, I have heard that the pill may have some relation to this.
Do you have any ideas relating to this?