Stinging when urinating

Patient

Q: Hello Dr.

I'm a 22 yr old male, started experiencing stinging whenever I urinate, stinging is located at the tip of the urethra but I can feel it inside the head of my penis whenever i squeeze down on it. I've been thinking it is a UTI so i've been drinking lots of cranberry juice.
The way I can describe the feeling is when soap enters the tip, it feels about the same as that. It only stings when I urinate or squeeze the head. Feels as though something may be inside it?

That is the only symptom I have, wondering what you might think it is, thanks a lot

Symptoms:  Stinging pain in tip of penis when urinating
Doctor

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com

You seem to have a UTI and some amount of urethritis.
You need to get your urine culture done to find out the exact organism, and start antibiotics accordingly. A good choice antibiotic in such cases is Tab. Doxycycline 100 mg to be taken twice daily for 7-10 days depending on the severity.

Please meet your physician and start the treatment as soon as possible as these infections become resistant very quickly if not treated properly.

Hope this was helpful,
Regards.