Stinging when urinating

Patient: Hello Dr.I’m a 22 yr old male, started experiencing stinging whenever I urinate, stinging is located at the tip of the urethra but I can feel it inside the head of my penis whenever i squeeze down on it. I’ve been thinking it is a UTI so i’ve been drinking lots of cranberry juice.The way I can describe the feeling is when soap enters the tip, it feels about the same as that. It only stings when I urinate or squeeze the head. Feels as though something may be inside it?That is the only symptom I have, wondering what you might think it is, thanks a lot

Symptoms: Stinging pain in tip of penis when urinating

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.You seem to have a UTI and s ome amount of urethritis.You need to get your urine culture done to find out the exact organism, and start antibiotics accordingly. A good choice antibiotic in such cases is Tab. Doxycycline 100 mg to be taken twice daily for 7-10 days depending on the severity.Please meet your physician and start the treatment as soon as possible as these infections become resistant very quickly if not treated properly.Hope this was helpful,Regards.