Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Stomach ache and cramping

Stomach ache and cramping

Patient: Hi, I have had stomach ache since having a bug in November, my stools are loose and have a nagging pain feeling across the bottom of my stomach above the pubic area?

Symptoms: Loose stools, stomach ache and rumbling. light pain above the pubic area

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.You seem to be suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).However, such chronic loose stools, should be evaluated for any cause like Persistent GI infection.I would advise you to get Stool routine and Microscopy done.If that is clear, you should start taking a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone.Moreover, for pain you can take Mebeverine.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.