Stomach bloating

Q: Hi. I am a healthy 25-year old female, 168cm tall and weigh 56kg. I have been carrying extra weight around my abdomen for the last 6-7 years (88cm), but over the last 2-3 years my abdomen has decreased to 84cm. I have started attending the gym regularly for the past three months and have significantly cut down my portion sizes and limited my fatty food intake over the last 6 months.
But I find that even when I eat tiny meals, my stomach bloats up and I constanty feel heavy and full, even though I hardly eat alot of food at all. I am fairly thin, but have found that my stomach bloats out every time I eat any sort of meal.
I would like to know the possible cause for my constant bloating. Could I have an intolerance to some sort of food? Also what is the best way to ease/reduce stomach bloating?

A:   Abdominal Bloating is largely caused by intestinal gas which can result from eating gassy foods or by swallowing air while eating; this is often done unconsciously and may result in frequent belching during or after meals. To avoid swallowing air, slow down when eating, dont slurp drinks, avoid talking while chewing and certainly, when you exercise try not to breathe through your mouth. If you have changed your diet recently and consuming vegetables such as Asparagus, Broccoli, Cabbage, Cauliflower and Corn these may also be a cause for gas.To relieve the abdominal bloating or distention you might want to try using heating pads or a hot bath may ease discomfort. Over-the-counter gas relief remedies may also be effective. I agree with you that bloating can also be found in Food Intolerance Conditions such as Lactose Intolerance; however other symptoms like Diarrhea and Nausea might also need to be present.