Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Stomach bug or Pregnancy?

Stomach bug or Pregnancy?

Patient: I’ve been extremely nauseous for four days straight. It’s been waking me up around 4am everyday. Continues on and off throughout the course of a day. Also have diarrhea. I thought it was a stomach bug but it’s continuous. Could this be a sign of pregnancy?

Symptoms: Nausea (Worsened in the mornings to the point where it’s waking me up around 4am), Headaches, Diarrhea.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.If you have had a history of intercourse in your previous cycle, it could be a sign of ea rly pregnancy. Nausea, bloating, irregular bowels, mood swings, soreness of breasts are all the signs. The diarrhea may or may not be due to pregnancy. It is ideal that you get a pregnancy test done to rule out the same. Also see a doctor for an examination, investigation of blood and stool, you may require antibiotics if it is a gut infection. Meanwhile, drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated.Hope this helped.Regards,