x
152 Physicians Online

Question:

Stomach pain and bloating after stomach flu

I'm in alot of pain. I was sick recently, had the stomach flu. Now my stomach is really sorry all the time and i have alot of gas, and i dont know if i should seek medical attention or what? Also my stomach feels big (and not from being fat) but feels hard and looks pregant.

Answer:

Stomach flu is usually caused by a virus infection and should resolve on its own within 7 days. To relieve the abdominal bloating or distention you might want to try using over-the-counter gas relief remedies such as Mylanta or Simethicone.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.