Stomach pains followed by weakness/lightheadedness/clammy feeling?

Patient

Q: So this morning I woke up and was fine for a while, but then started having some pretty uncomfortable stomach pains. Like sharp, stabbing pains. At first I thought 'eh, probably just gas or something,' but it didn't seem to subside like gas pains generally do. Then I suddenly began to start feeling a tad nauseous, then a bit lightheaded and it felt like I had a little shortness of breath, but nothing too noticeable. Then I began to feel just really... bad, I got really clammy/hot to where I had to take off my jacket immediately, but it was the type of cold sweat, and I eventually just had to lay on the ground until it subsided. After about ten minutes I was starting to feel better and got back up. I still had bad stomach pains for about five or so minutes after that, but those went away eventually and I ate some plain vanilla greek yogurt to get something in me. I am feeling much better now. Does anyone have any idea what this is or what caused this?
One thing I have noticed is that this seems to happen every once in a while. Like, maybe once a year, or even once every two years I get like this. Is this just a normal thing? Does this mean anything? I called my doctor, but she didn't say much except to call back if the pain got any worse or I had a fever.

Symptoms:  stomach pains, weakness, lightheaded, shortness of breath, cold/clammy sweat
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. The episodes that you have been experiencing to date have been rare over the last few years but they do cause you considerable distress when they happen. These can be caused by a number of issues ranging from issues with your gastrointestinal system to other issues. It is import for the next time you have this episode, you visit your doctor immediately to be evaluated at that very moment. It is hard to give you a diagnose based on these symptoms alone without doing a physical examination and running specific diagnostic testing. Please keep a diary of foods you eat in order to pinpoint any dietary triggers for these episodes.

Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com