Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Stomach pains relating to sugary mixed alchoholic drinks

Stomach pains relating to sugary mixed alchoholic drinks

Patient: Hey Doc! I have been enjoying RUM/BOURBON & COLA canned or bottled drinks that are mixed for a while now. Lately; intestinal/stomach pain after having too many. Is this too much sugar? is it to do with too much 150d coloring or food acid 338? great to hear back from you please thanks! Sam.

Symptoms: Stomach/intestinal pain

Doctor: Hello,Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I have read your query in detail and I understand your concern.The pain abdomen that you are having is not because of increased calorie consumption or due to sugar content of the beverages, but it is due to acute acid reflux that is due to alcohol and increased consumption of carbonated beverages.I would advise you not to consume alcohol. Avoid taking so much of carbonated beverages.Take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone for 5 days.You will get better.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy