Stomach problems

Patient

Q: Im 16 and my stomach gets really bad pain, not heartburn pain. Bloating all the time and on and off random diarrhea. What is wrong?

Symptoms:  Heartburn after every meal. Bloating all the time. One hiccup(not actual hiccups), then the pain comes. Either have diarrhea or constipated(depending on what I eat).
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible that you are experiencing a condition known as dyspepsia. Dyspepsia as a gastrointestinal problem that affects the the way food is digested. This is commonly referred to as indigestion. The causes of dyspepsia can be from specific food sensitivities (like diary in the cases of lactose intolerance), stress, thyroid problems, and last but not least family history. Another theory for the cause of this could be due to an malfunctioning sensory nerves of the small intestine in response to ingesting food. Symptoms of dyspepsia include abdominal pain, bloating, belching, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting. We recommend that you have your condition further evaluated by a doctor to determine what treatment options will best suit you. Treatment options include changes in your diet, exercise, as well as certain prescription medications.

Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com