x
163 Physicians Online

Question:

Stomach ulcer and kidney stones associated?

Can a stomach ulcer cause kidney stones

Answer:

Certainly not, there is no direct relation between peptic ulcers and kidney stones. Peptic ulcers usually develop when acid in the digestive tract eats away at the inner surface of the esophagus, stomach or small intestine. The acid can create a painful open sore that may bleed. This might be caused by bacteria and certain medications.
On the other hand, Kidney stones Kidney stones form when the components of urine fluid and various minerals and acids are out of balance. When this happens, your urine contains more crystal-forming substances, such as calcium, oxalate and uric acid, than the available fluid can dilute. At the same time, your urine may be short of substances that keep crystals from sticking together and becoming stones. This creates an environment in which kidney stones are more likely to form. I hope I cleared your doubt.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA