Stop choking and caoughing

Q: I have asthma that is acting up. I have a new inhaler called BREO. once a day. I also have Ventolin inhaler as needed. my prob,em is that i have a cold with a lot of post nasal drip which causes constant caugh and choaking. The more i caugh the tighter my chest gets. Any re,ief is sitting leaning forward. I am also ln 500mg Amoxicillin. Sounds like i have it covered but when i caugh and caugh the inhalers do not really work

Symptoms:  Caughing, wheesing, choaking

A:   Hi
Thank you for the question.

Glands in the lining of your nose, throat, airways, stomach, and intestinal tract produce about 1 to 2 quarts of mucus a thick, wet substance that moistens these areas and helps trap and destroy foreign invaders like bacteria and viruses before they can get into your body and cause infection. Postnasal drip depends on the cause of the problem. Bacterial infections are treated with antibiotics. However, green or yellow mucus is not necessarily proof of a bacterial infection. Colds can also turn the mucus these colors and they are caused by viruses, which don't respond to antibiotics. This infection might be severe and may developing cough. Excessive of coughing might hurt your chest as the muscles contract. Talk to your doctor if the nasal drainage is foul smelling, you have a fever, you're wheezing, or your symptoms last for 10 days or more, because you might have a bacterial infection. He will ask you about your symptoms and start the treatment.

I hope this will help you.