Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Stopped ovulating after sex

Stopped ovulating after sex

Patient: Do you stop ovulating immediately after conception? I just started ovulating and now im not.

Symptoms: None

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Ovulation releases ovum.If ovum meats spermatozoa, concept ion occurs.After conception if pregnancy continues menstrual cycles and ovulation will stop.If there is history of unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulation, there is possibility of pregnancy.If you are using ovulation kit, that may detect only most fertile period and after that kit may not give positive result.Urine pregnancy test kit can help in diagnosing pregnancy after one week of expected date of periods.Take care.