Stopped taking birth control pills sun now bleeding could it

Patient

Q: Stopped taking birth control pills sun now bleeding could it be my period my husband and I are trying to get preg when can we start trying

Doctor

Bleeding on stopping the birth control abruptly or planned after 21 days of the cycle could mean a withdrawal bleeding which can be considered as a period. You can stop the further birth control pills and start trying to conceive from now on or the next cycle. It is ideal to use a ovulation kit or go in for an ultrasound scan to find out the right time of ovulation and follicle maturity to have an intercourse accordingly on the most fertile days to help you conceive soon. Consult a gynecologist to plan this accordingly and also start you on folic acid supplements prior to conception for a best pregnancy outcome.
All the best for a speedy conception.

Hope this helped.