Stopping birth control

Patient : Hi, I take microgestin birth control and it has really done some awful things and I would like to come off of it. Just to make sure it was from the birth control, I had a doctor look and he put me on an antibiotic that treat bv or trich. Can I just stop taking it or how should I go about doing so?
Symptoms:  Thick, curdy mild to no odor discharge (side effect of this birth control) enlarged tender breasts and itching of the genital area (another side effect of this birth control) I just recently stopped all the bleeding from it as well.
Doctor :   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: I am taking Cerazette and taking birth control as the first time. I accidentally start the first pill from the bottom...

Q: When taking POP birth control norethindrone how close to the time you are supposed to take it can it still be effecti...

Q: I've noticed my stomach has been gurgling since the last time i had sex they day after my period ended. I am on birth...

Q: I've been taking junel birth control. I just finish my first pack and now this week I'm on withdrawal bleeding. But i...

Q: Is it ok to take brith control after labral reconstruction surgery?


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon