Stopping Birth Control mid pack

Patient

Q: HI I have been taking microgynon for just over a month. I have noticed myself getting depressed. I have tried other pills and they just don't seem to agree with me. Is it ok to stop taking these pills mid pack as I cannot bear to take them for another 2 weeks? However, do not want to upset my body any more. Please advise Thanks

Doctor

A:   It is OK to stop taking the birth control mid pack as long as you realize your cycles may take some time (1-3 months) to return to their normal state and you are no longer protected from pregnancy.