x
169 Physicians Online

Question:

Strained vocal chords

Every morning when i wake up my vocal chords are strained and it is very painfull to speak for a few hours, it also occurs late at night. I do not smoke, sing, shout, cough or snore

Answer:

There are a number of conditions which could be causing this symptom. These include vocal cord nodules, other vocal tumors which may be benign or cancerous and simple overuse. It is difficult to say which if any is your specific problem. You should have your vocal cords examined by an ENT specialist to determine the cause of your particular symptoms.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA