Strained vocal chords

Patient : Every morning when i wake up my vocal chords are strained and it is very painfull to speak for a few hours, it also occurs late at night. I do not smoke, sing, shout, cough or snore
Doctor :   There are a number of conditions which could be causing this symptom. These include vocal cord nodules, other vocal tumo rs which may be benign or cancerous and simple overuse. It is difficult to say which if any is your specific problem. You should have your vocal cords examined by an ENT specialist to determine the cause of your particular symptoms.