Ask The Doctor » Questions & Answers » Strange cold sweats

Strange cold sweats

Patient: My armpits and top half of my body are hot and sweating, while the bottom half is cold and shivering. why is that?

Symptoms: Sweats and shivering

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Excessive sweating in the axillary region (armpits) is very common, and can be a response t o temperature changes. Another possible cause of this is that you may be due to hormonal fluctuations such as sudden increases in thyroid hormone, which can lead to your symptoms. It is important that you have this evaluated by your doctor to determine what is the exact cause of your excessive sweating. You may need to undergo blood testing to measure hormone levels to determine if your symptoms are being caused by an endocrine problemThank you for consulting

View all posts