Strange pressure feeling bellow my kneecap?

Q: I've been having a problem with my right knee for the past 6 months.
I don't really have any pain, but I have this really strange pressure feeling on my knee.
It is right bellow my kneecap. I can't really say that I feel it at the back of my kneecap (everyone keeps asking me that), and I have no pain on the sides or at the back of my knee.

I've had this for the past 6 months, and can't say that it has really worsened during this time. However, I started dance classes a few weeks ago and noticed that I don't have very good balance on that leg. And when I stand on that leg only, it sometimes feels like it wants to bend backwards because it can't carry the weight.

I don't have any of these problems with my other knee... my other knee (left knee) feels 100% fine. I also don't have any pain while I exercise or dance or anything. The pressure feeling on my knee would just come out of nowhere.... It only lasts for a few seconds. I'll have some days where I get it like 5 times a day, but most of the time I only get this feeling about 3 times per week.

2 people in my family has Osteoarthritis... so I'm very scared that it might be that. However, I do not have any pain in any other parts of my body, or joint pain or anything like that. The only other thing I have is... I'll sometimes feel pain in my legs which feels like growing pains. I'm 21 years old, and while searching in Google, it seems as though it's normal in some cases to still have growing pains at this age? Not sure if it's true...

I know you can't diagnose me over the internet... But I can only see my doctor next month, and would just really like to hear your opinion on this. Does this sound like it can be Osteoarthritis? What else can cause this? I don't remember ever hurting my knee...

Please see the attached image.... it's a knee image I found online. On the right side, I marked in red, where I feel the pressure.

Thanks so much!