Ask The Doctor > Pending > Strange ‘pressure’ on both sides of head, muscle spasms

Strange ‘pressure’ on both sides of head, muscle spasms

Patient: I’ll try to keep this short but it will still be quite long. 22 year old male. About 1 month ago, I started having almost nonstop muscle spasms. They were mostly in my legs and upper thighs but could occur almost anywhere. I then developed another symptom: a strange feeling on both sides of my head, right above both ears. It’s one of the hardest things to describe but it feels like built up pressure, weight and numbness all in one. The feeling is mainly focused in the exact same spot, above the ears, on both the left and right. I went to a normal physician and a neurologist. I ended up having a brain MRI done and everything showed up fine. All blood work showed up fine, too. They said it could be a virus of the nervous system and it would likely get better in time. The spasms have almost completely stopped now but the strange feeling in my head remains. Sometimes I think it will really be gone soon but other times it seems like it will just never go away. It is not painful but it is very uncomfortable and bothers me in many ways. I can’t find anything like this online and I don’t understand what could be causing it. Could a lot of dust or mold cause this? I believe I was exposed to both at one point recently. Cold anxiety cause this? I should also add that I am this started 1 or 2 weeks after air travel. However, I have flown since then and nothing really changed. I have no other health issues or symptoms. I would appreciate any help I can get. Thank you.

Doctor: