Ask The Doctor > Pending > Strange sensations and hallucinations during fever

Strange sensations and hallucinations during fever

Patient: Hello,Here is a strange question for you. When I was a child I used to get high fevers on a regular basis. During that period I often had, what I thought to be, a reoccurring nightmare or part hallucinations where I would feel that all surfaces, particularly the sheets on my bed, would be unnaturally smooth. After a very short period of time this would turn to the same surfaces becoming unnaturally rough and crinkled.After a discussion with my girlfriend We discovered that she experienced exactly the same sensations particularly during times of fever.Do you have an explanation for this?We believe it may be related to, or amplifie by paracetamol.Thank you in advance.

Doctor: