Strange stomach ache

Patient : My mother was diagnosed with narcolepsy with catalepsy well since shes had the narcolepsy with catalepsy shes complained about this bubble on the top of her stomach we've tried everything without any satisfaction of relief to her what could this bubble be?
Symptoms:  Stomach ache states that it feels like a bubble on the top of her stomach
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for choosing "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query. Narcolepsy and catalepsy are difficult t hings to handle but it seems the symptoms are well under control with medications. The bubble on the stomach is not a routine symptom of narcolepsy. Many times patients of somatoform disorder do present with such atypical somatic symptoms and these are controlled with the use of amitriptyline or nexipride or opipromol .These three medicines are useful in such conditions and can be tried one after the other. But before starting these medicines, it would be wise to treat acidity as acidity may many times present with such a manifestations. Acidity can be controlled with medicines such as ranitidine or rabeprazole etc. Do meet your doctor and discuss the mentioned medicines. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. Wish you good health!

Related Q&A

Q: Hi, good afternoon. I'm 28 years old male and i'm suffering from sleep problem. This sleep problem was started when i...

Q: Can you take delsym and a sleep aid

Q: I have been diagnosed with sleep apnea. I have CPAP and my AHI is between 1 and 3 most nights. CPAP hasn't improved m...

Q: Hi am having trouble getting to sleep as my chest is tight,cant get my breath,peak flows are no higher than 250 &...

Q: I took 6 unisom pills by accident. I have taken 3 before i forgot and took another 3.


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon