Ask The Doctor » Questions & Answers » Strange symptoms

Strange symptoms

Patient: Please help?

Symptoms: I’m 17 , Isometimes have severe headache, I’ve lost a lot of weight without trying, my ear close sometimes as well, if i bend and get up i feel like my head is going to explode and everything goes blank for a minute or two. I have pains in my chest at very random times. Usually on my left side (feels like heart) but sometimes is on the right. The pain can either feel like squeezing or stabbing. when squeezing, it usually hurts somewhat on and off for about a minute or two. The stabbing normally last between 1-4 seconds then goes away by itself. My eyes start hurting as well when i’m writing notes or something in school or just at home watching tv or using my laptop.

Doctor: Thank you for your question. There could be a number of things that could be causing your symptoms. These are quite pec uliar symptoms to see in a 17 year old such as yourself. What concerns us the most is your chest pains that you are describing. This could be indicative of a heart condition due to a valvular problem, or an infection like pericarditis, or ischemia. Since you are so young it is a cause for concern, and a cardiologist should fully evaluate you for any serious heart problems.Secondly, you headache could be due to to your blood pressure, which is also not common in your age as well. Lastly, your weight loss is also concerning. Weight loss could be caused by stress, or something as serious as cancer. These along with all your other symptoms should be examined by your doctor to determine the underlying cause.Thank you for choosing

View all posts