Strep not reacting to antibiotics

Patient : Doctor, I was diagnosed with strep throat, via the rapid test, and have been on pannicillin VK 500 MG for about 48 hours. My temperature was 102.3 when I first went to the doctor. This morning my temperature was 100.5. I still have white spots in my throat, and my gums are swollen. Should I go back to the doctor? Or should I give the antibiotics more time to work? I was told that after 24 hours of treatment, my fever would drop, and I would not be contagious anymore. Also, I have very little pain in my throat, aside from my tonsils being swollen. Thanks for your help, Matt
Symptoms:  White spots in throat, Fever, swollen tonsils and gums