Strep Throat - How long will it take for the drugs to act?

Patient : I'm 32 years old. I was diagnosed with strep throat on Monday. I started Keflex and I've been on for 2 days and I'm not better yet. How long does it take for the antibiotics to work? I have a swollen lymph node on my left side and it is difficult for me to swallow and eat. I have no fever. Should the medication already start working or does it take more time?
Doctor :   The antibiotics should start showing results in 24 - 48 hours after taking the drug. Though it may take 5-6 days for you to feel better. You should never stop the antibiotic or change into another one on your own. Consult your doctor if you don't feel better within the next 2-3 days. Throat lozenges containing mild anesthetics and warm saline gargles may help relieve your sore throat.