Strep Throat Not Disappearing

Patient : Hello, I tested positive for strep throat on Wed (12/17). I've been given a 10 day cycle of penicillin to treat the strep. The doctor said that I should be fine within 1-2 days, however my tonsils are still covered with pus, my lymph nodes are swollen and my uvula is swollen. Should I just keep waiting for the antibiotics to kick in or is there something else going on here?
Symptoms:  Sore throat, swollen lymph nodes, swollen uvula, headache
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. Yes, you should continue taking your course of antibiotics. Since this is a ten day course, more severe streptococcal throat infections can take longer to show improvement. In a case such as this, you should start observing improvement closer to the 6-7th day of your treatment. To alleviate some of the soreness, you can utilize over the counter medicated throat lozenges or gargle with warm salted water twice a daily. Should your symptoms continue to worse despite antibiotic treatment, please return to your doctor for reevaluation. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com