Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Strep throat over a month

Strep throat over a month

Patient: I got strep throat for over a month now! I taken antibiotic on three different courses and nothing help me recover.

Symptoms: Red swollen tonsils

Strep throat over a month-1

Doctor: Thank you for your question. We are sorry that you have had such difficulty treating your streptococcal throat infection . Unfortunately you will need to be evaluated once more by your doctor. It seems as though you are developing tonsillitis, which could be the cause of your recurrent throat infections. You may need to consult a throat specialist to determine if your will need to have your tonsils removed in order to prevent these recurrent infections. Please see your doctor for further evaluation.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com