Ask The Doctor > Pending > Stress fracture in foot/treatment?

Stress fracture in foot/treatment?

Patient: I’m trying to confirm that my course of action is appropriate. If I have suffered a minor stress fracture to my foot, is it sufficient to stay off the foot for two or so weeks? The injury fits closely the symptoms of such an injury. I am currently uninsured and cannot ask a doctor in person to be sure.

Symptoms: Pain of increasing severity when putting weight on the foot. It’s fine at first, but starts to hurt bad if I continue walking on it. The pain is halfway between the toes and heel on the outside of the foot. It started the evening after a long run (about 4 miles, a mile longer than my previous longest).

Doctor: