Stress fracture prevention

Q: Last fall (2014) I was diagnosed with a stress fracture in my fibula. I had to have an MRI to figure this out. After using a walking boot for 8 weeks, I started physical therapy and gradually worked back up to high impact activities. I had cheerleading tryouts in the spring and have been working out during the summer pre-season. This past weekend was cheerleading camp. The first day we were there I felt no pain, but the next day I felt the all too familiar ache and pain in my right ankle. My coaches were not too happy to have me ice it for 20 minutes and refused to let me ice it for the remainder of the camp, even though I was in pain. I have exercises from physical therapy but only do them sporadically. If I started doing them everyday even after the onset of pain, would it prevent another stress fracture?

Symptoms:  Aching in my right ankle above the joint, pain when walking, standing for long periods of time, and jumping, night ache