Stretch mark due to weight gain

Patient

Q: I m 22 yr old .. due to weight gain number of marks appear on my stomach plz suggest me homemade remedies to cure dis as well as other treatment

Doctor

A:   Stretch marks are caused when the skin is subjected to continuous and progressive stretching. What causes this to happen is not fully known and it is thought that genetic factors could play a role in their development. Unfortunately getting rid of stretch marks completely is very difficult. You may try application of creams containing vitamin E and cocoa butter. Topical application of tretinoin has been shown to significantly improve the clinical appearance, however, it should not be used in pregnant or breastfeeding  women.