Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Stretch marks and possible treatment

Stretch marks and possible treatment

Patient: Hi i am suffer from stretch marks mor then 8years i tried few lotion and cream but nothing work out for me.can u tell me the most effectfull treatment which can reduce my stretch marks.i am searching more then years to find out the effective treatment without cosmetic surgery. please kindly help me. i will wait for ur answer. thanks

Doctor: Stretch marks usually occur in times of rapid growth like in pregnancy due to increased stretching of the skin.Unfortuna tely getting rid of stretch marks completely is very difficult and many treaments prove to be futile. However studies have shown some positive effect by using creams containing vitamin E and cocoa butter .Retin A is a cream which is helpful in treating fresh stretch marks. Also while surgery may be the most effective option you could also try cosmetic laser treatment for the stretch marks which have proven to be effective. All the best.