Stretches or exercises for back pain

Q: I've been having some back pain and would like to learn stretches or exercises that might help alleviate some of it. Any suggestions?

Symptoms:  Aching back, soreness, stiffness

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

Usually, back pain can occur due to an injury in the back or due to tight muscles. There are a few things that you can try to help you.

First, I would recommend that you start on RICE. RICE is a treatment for soft tissue injury.
R - rest the back and avoid any back exercises or too much strain
I - ice the back for 15 mins every hour several times a day
C - compress the back by using massage or with a back brace
E - elevate your back by sleeping on your front to allow blood to flow back to the heart and reduce the swelling

Along with this. I recommend that you stretch your lower back and your hamstrings. You can find the stretches on this link.

A combination of both stretching and RICE will allow you to recover quickly.

Please try this for 2 weeks and see how it works for you.
All the best.