Stringy Discharge at eight weeks pregnant

Patient : I am eight weeks pregnant and have just noticed a lot of clear discharge with brown and red stringy bits when I went to the toilet is this normal or cause for worry?
Doctor :   It is common to have vaginal discharge during pregnancy. This is known as leukorrhea and is due to the increased blood f low in the vaginal area due to pregnancy. The discharge is often clear and non-smelling. If you experience that your discharge is increasing, is causing you discomfort such as pain with urination, soreness, itching, or burning, developing a foul smell or the discharge becomes frothy or yellow, green, or gray, contact your doctor right away.