Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Stuff nose, coughing,headache help me please

Stuff nose, coughing,headache help me please

Patient: Hi doc I have a stuff nose coughing had a fever 100 . I have also being sneezing what do I have a cold or a sinus infection also have headaches ribs are sore for coughing so much

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.You seem to be suffering from acute upper respiratory tract infection ( URTI ).Most such infections start as a viral infection. In some, it progresses to a superadded bacterial infection needing antibiotic therapy.You need to confirm the diagnosis with your physician and start an antibiotic like Tab. Levofloxacin 500 mg once daily, or if you weigh more than 60 kgs, you need to take it twice daily for 5 days.Additionally, you need to take Tab. Levocetirizine 5 mg once daily at bedtime to reduce the nasal stuffiness.Since you also have a persistent cough, you can take Syrup. Ascoril 2 teaspoons twice daily till the cough subsides. Steam inhalation will also help in draining the trapped secretions.So kindly confirm the diagnosis with your Physician and start the treatment.Hope this was helpful,Regards.